The Development Metrics You Should Use (But Don’t)
Have you ever had a gut feeling a project is about to go off course but have no way to validate (or invalidate) that feeling? Has your team ever been burned by an inaccurate estimate or unreasonable expectation? Have you ever wished you could peer a bit into the future? Navigating the uncertainty of knowledge work is often difficult and uncomfortable.
Catherine is an angry optimist imagining more equitable futures through technology.
While this session doesn’t teach you to eliminate uncertainty or allow you to see the future, it does provide you with tools to explore and chart a reasonable course through the inherent ambiguity of knowledge work.
In this talk, you'll learn:
- New ways to visualize your team’s reliability and variability of delivery using the data you already collect
- Instead of relying entirely on your gut or laboring overestimates, you will learn how to articulate trade-offs
- How to predict outcomes and describe their likelihood
What GOTO attendees have said about past versions of this talk:
- Well done! I love the content and the way you led the whole presentation.
- Very engaging talk with relevant applications to my company.
- Super funny and insightful advice!