Zero to 60 Unit Testing in C#
In this masterclass we will learn essential unit testing and test-driven skills and techniques for writing unit tests in a readable, maintainable, and trustworthy fashion, so that we can feel more confident in our code, make it simpler, and save ourselves time in debugging and maintaining our code base.
- Learn how to write readable, maintainable, trustworthy unit tests using C#,XUnit, NUnit and other unit testing tools and frameworks.
- Learn how to refactor and test legacy code, and what to do when we cannot change existing code.
- Learn the principles of Test Driven Development, and develop new features using TDD.
- Learn how to Pair Program, and experience it throughout the course
- Learn about mocks, stubs fakes, and the difference between them
- Learn about Isolation(mocking) frameworks, how they work, and why some frameworks are more capable than others
- The first unit test, Entry points & Exit Points
- Basic XUnit/NUnit APIs, test runners, tips and tricks
- Writing readable tests
- Test Driven Development Introduction
- TDD Kata Exercises
- Understanding Fakes, Mocks, and Stubs
- Hand Written Fakes, Stubs, and Mocks
- Interaction Test Exercises
- Isolation Frameworks: Constrained and Unconstrained
- Isolation Framework Comparisons (Moq, FakeItEasy, NSubstitute)
- Interaction Test Exercises part 2
- Unit Testing Good Practices
- Legacy Code Refactoring Essential Techniques
- Exercises in Legacy Refactoring
Consultant. Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing" and "Elastic Leadership: Growing Self-Organizing Teams"